Natural Foods Acetyl L-Carnitine 500 mg
Acetyl-l-carnitine is a natural compound found in the brain. Unfortunately, as we age levels begin to decline. Acetyl-l-carnitine helps support energy production in the brain and helps support healthy levels of important brain chemicals such as neurotransmitters needed for memory, focus and learning. Acetyl-l-carnitine has a distinct advantage over L-carnitine when it comes to supporting healthy brain function. Acetyl-l-carnitine is able to pass the very selective blood-brain barrier more efficiently than L-carnitine, and therefore play more of a role in brain health.
- Sourced from Sigma-Tau Health Sciences, a world leader in the research, development and manufacturing of carnitine products.
- Provides 500 mg of acetyl-l-carnitine per serving.
- Essential molecule for supporting healthy brain function.†
- Easy to swallow vegetarian capsule.
- Acetyl-l-carnitine serves as a source of acetyl groups which contribute to the production of acetyl-CoA. Acetyl-Co-A is essential to the production of energy within the cell.†
- Acetyl-l-carnitine can also serve as a source of acetyl groups for the synthesis of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine; a compound involved in virtually all brain functions.†
- Acetyl-l-carnitine has also been shown to protect nerve cells against free radical damage, support cellular glutathione production, promote healthy CoQ10 levels and offer special protection to healthy brain cells.†
- Acetyl-l-carnitine helps support and protect the mitochondria-the energy powerhouse of the cell. Without healthy mitochondria, all cells, particularly those of the nervous system, would not function properly leading to cell damage and eventual cell death.†
- Significant research on acetyl-l-carnitine exists, demonstrating its ability to support cellular energy production, provide antioxidant support helping to protect healthy cells and, most importantly, protect mitochondrial function and support overall cellular metabolism.†
†These statements have not been evaluated by The Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.