Starwest Botanicals Citric Acid Fine Granules
Citric Acid is a naturally occurring acid found primarily in several varieties of fruits and vegetables, with citrus fruits such as lemons and limes containing the highest amounts.
- 100% Pure Food Grade
- Processed, packaged, and quality tested in our facility in California, USA
- Commonly used as a flavoring agent because it has a pleasant citrus flavor that works well in soft drinks
- Used as a food additive because it is an effective organic preservative, and is often used in canning, drying, and freezing.
- An ingredient that chefs use in many dishes, including an emulsifier for ice creams, ripening agents for mozzarella cheese, and much more.
- Citric Acid is also an essential ingredient in making bath fizzies. The reaction between the citric acid and baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) result in a delightful effervescence when added to water.
- Many all-natural household cleaners, such as kitchen and bathroom sprays, contain a small percentage of citric acid to help clean hard water stains and kitchen messes. The citrusy smell of the acid is pleasant, so it works well as both a cleaner and a deodorizer.
- Can be useful in cleaning buildup on food contact surfaces, and discouraging the buildup of lime scale.
- Often used to clean and passivate stainless steel and copper stills, and can help dissolve minerals.