Natural Foods Beta Carotene 15,000 mcg (25,000 IU)
Beta-carotene is a red-orange colored phytochemical found in high amounts in various fruits and vegetables (i.e. carrots and sweet potatoes). Beta-carotene is known as provitamin A. Provitamin A, like preformed vitamin A (retinol), must be converted into vitamin A before it can be used as vitamin A by the body. In addition to its role as a precursor to vitamin A, beta-carotene is a powerful antioxidant. Our natural beta-carotene is from patented Betatene®. Betatene is derived from the nutrient-rich sea algae, dunaliella salina, which delivers a concentrated mix of naturally-occurring carotenoids including beta-carotene, zeaxanthin, and lutein.
- Betatene® brand natural mixed carotenoids.
- Includes naturally-occurring beta-carotene, alpha-carotene, zeaxanthin, cryptoxanthin, and lutein.
- Provides 25,000 IU beta-carotene per serving.
- Easy-to-swallow softgel.
- Serves as a precursor to vitamin A which is essential for normal, healthy vision, immune function, skin health, and normal cell growth.†
- Beta-carotene provides antioxidant protection helping to neutralize free radicals.†
- Carotenoids alpha-carotene, zeaxanthin, cryptoxanthin, and lutein provide synergistic benefits such as antioxidant protection, as well as the support of skin and eye health.†
†These statements have not been evaluated by The Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.